Monday, April 19, 2004

the end of my deck

So this weekend? I helped hubby build our new deck. You must understand in the 2 years we have lived here I have longed for deck. So when hubby decided to do it this weekend I was ALL over it.
OH
MY
GOD
Hubby is self-employed in the renovations world and does this sort of thing everyday.
I, on the other hand am a stay at home mom that used to work in a cushy office and helped people with their outlook issues and teach them for the ten thousandth time how to find the network printer.
SO I was not at all prepared to the level of work hubby would be throwing at me this weekend.
holy crap...10 hours both days of grueling back breaking work. And I decided after the first load of lumber that I would no longer be participating in the moving of future lumber.
I helped move boards in the framed...I screwed 9lb of screws! 9lbs!
I hammered and leveled and stained...I did not saw (saws scare me)
it looks awesome.
It's 12x20ft with 2 10ft benches..railings and gate. LOVE IT.
sadly I am too exhausted to enjoy it.
lastnight I was delirious. I took a back pill (god sent) and quickly became comfortably numb which rapidly progressed to babbling fool and finally drooling idiot.

But the deck is done, save for some additional staining.
And soon we will be enjoying it. Though I was just out there calling the dogs and I noticed I could see my breath.

Did not run tonight....too fucking tired for that shit.
They are running 10k tonight..it would've killed. Will do it tomorrow and then 13k on Wednesday.

Race on Sunday.
Hip hip

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I totally underestimated the amount of work that Chris actually does in a day or week. He is my new work god and I hate him for making me feel so humbled.
I am always bugging him about how I am in such better shape than he is cause I run a minimum of 3 times a week about 30k in total. But he whipped my ass this weekend..I was a zombie long before he was both days.

bastard.