Sunday, April 11, 2004

Yeah so..dinner with the step..in laws..er...yeah..

So we had Easter dinner at Chris's father's condo which he shares with Ruth. His..uh...girlfriend. Her daughter and granddaughter were also there.

I kind of got the feeling that we were invited unbeknownst to Ruth and daughter. Cause dinner was sort of...well...it seemed unplanned

First of all I called to see what I should bring...NOTHING I was told. Ok...Cause I don't mind making desert..really I don't. NOPE!

OK, we get there...and there is nothing in the oven, nothing on the stove. The condo doesn't smell of homemade german goodness.

A couple of hours later the daughter arrives with a shopping cart (the personal kind..not the kind at the store) full of cooked food. (She lives a couple of floors above). Another couple of hours goes by and...finally it's time to eat.
No wine...alright I can deal with that.
no napkins....huh?
Dinner consisted of: ham (yummy), white rice (plain), one head of broccoli (cooked whole-odd), carrots and parsnips and perogies.What? Also, sour cream, gravy and hollandaise sauce that was not like any hollandaise sauce I've ever had...(she made it with LEMON AND MAYO..that;s IT!)
THAT WAS DINNER!
then we sat around and watched Noah and Brendan play.

SOOOO weird.

Also I got to fix his computer again.
How lovely for me.
Then he called me smart and told me everyone thinks so.

Now I am starving...as I did NOT want to eat all that fat at dinner. I had one piece of ham (not fat) and 2 perogies...they were FRIED WITH BACON IN BUTTER!

I will just fill myself with tiny foil eggs.

ahhhhh nirvana