Monday, May 10, 2004

You say it's your birthday!

It's my birthday too yeah!
My birthday weekend was interesting this year.
Officially my birthday was on Sunday but clearly the celebrations began on Saturday...possibly Friday.

Friday night Chris and I gorged ourselves on Chinese food from the restaurant down town. YUM! enough said.

Saturday morning I got out of bed at 4:45 am and made myself look decent(ish), two of my running posse picked me up at 5:30am and we drove to Markham fairgrounds. Where we had tickets to the Garden Sale. YES! A clearing house sale of Estee Lauder, MAC, Clinque and other high quality comestics! We waited in line for like 2 hours and then shopped for 3!
I don't even wear that much make up and I had a hoot! I LOVE all the make up I bought. And I mean really what better way to strengthen the bond between women. Incidentally the sale it was pretty good. Plus there were SO many woman there, there was almost a riot at time. I mean...they had COPS as security! Estee would be proud. We stopped in Mississauga for lunch which was you know...meh.
And Saturday night Chris took me to a movie. Van Helsing (sp). Also...meh.
NOT something I would normally watch on the big screen. But I mean Hugh Jackman HUBAA HUBBA for me..and Kate what's her name..HUBBA HUBBA for CHris.Really..something for everyone.
But it was a little cheesy...oh well...I don't remember the last time I went the show. It was a nice night out.

Sunday..Brendan made me breakfast in bed...Chris held him at bay as long as he could but the longest he would wait was 8:15am to feed me. Oh well...it was cute and lovely.
a scrambled egg, one half a toasted bagel with butter and a cup of tea. Followed closely but ruffles sour cream and onion chips for desert! hehee
The day I spent puttering in the garden...playing with my kids and hanging with my family.

It was a great birthday weekend.