Sunday, June 27, 2004

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda

Or, The Good The Bad and the Ugly of My Weekend:

The Good
The weather was a little warmer than expected so it was gorgeous in the afternoons.
The Bad
The mornings were chilly and the lake was far too cold to swim in (though B did anyway..brrrr).
The UGLY
The nights were SO cold, that C had to sleep with N too make sure he was warm enough.

The Good
We gathered a ton of drift would to build a retaining (ish) wall in the side yard.
The Bad
Some of it was very heavy.
The Ugly
C put his back out loading a log (read tree) into the back of the truck and I think he's gonna miss some work this week. He's hopped up on robaxesat (sp) as we speak.

The Good
The kids enjoyed sleeping in the trailer
The Bad
They were up very late both nights
The Ugly
They woke up at 6:30 and 7am both mornings.

The Good
The beach was beautiful.
The Bad
The beach was also littered with dead birds and we think a dog skeleton. (NO I didn't take a picture you sickos!)
The Ugly
I sat on a fish carcass. SAT ON A FISH CARCASS.
(always a lady...I screamed SHIT! And ran around wiping my rear and asking C if there was anything stuck to it.)

The Good
My sister, Raging Lesbian took Boomer our 7 yr old retriever cross for the weekend so we would have one less life to worry about.
The Bad
Dori seemed a little stressed about camping, the rope she was tied to freaked her out. She shook a lot and didn't eat much.
The Ugly
Dori had explosive diarrhea all over the bench seat of the dinette in the trailer. Also all over N's pant leg (he was wearing them at the time). She is still recovering.

We had a mostly good weekend though. N kept taking off, but we knew that he was closely watched. Even threats of time outs in the trailer didn't stop him.

The best fun was the beach...though we didn't swim it was fun to watch the kids (and dog) have a run, without much danger, collecting stone and sticks. And oh yeah, checking out dead stuff. Lovely.

No running for me this weekend. I brought my shoes and an out fit. But I didn't get out. Could've been the sheer exhaustion or could've been the earwiggy (PAY) showers. Either way, tonight I run.

I don't care what anyone says, camping is NOT relaxing. I'm SO tired!