Saturday, June 19, 2004

Oh God

Hi. My name's Pam and I am a bad mother.

Let me tell you a story.

This afternoon 8 yr old B had friends in. One friend in particular that often doesn't listen.

Anyway C was outside with the kids, putting a chicken on the barbeque, I was in the house on the couch suffering from PMS and contemplating eating my own weight in chocolate.

Anyway the chicken was too big for the rotisserie and so C came in to chop it all up into pieces and cook like that.

While he was in here N was out with all the kids playing around. C goes out puts on the chicken and takes a peek around for N. NO N to be found.
He sticks his head in the door and says "Is N in here?"
And as I say NO! I get up from the couch and head for the front door.
Just as I get there, there is knock. I open it to find two women standing on my step.
ONe of them is holding N. And asking me if this was my child.

All I Could say was "OH MY GOD" as she told me that she had found my 18 month old in the middle of street barefoot in jeans and t-shirt running.
Then she asked where he was that he could get away from us like that. I muttered something to her and I thanked her took N and walked into the house. I shouted THANK YOU again as I saw her walking down the drive way shaking her head..clearly judging me.

It seems one of the boys had left the gate open and N slipped out.

I haven't stopped crying since she returned him to me. I fully expect a visit from the Children's Aid Society tomorrow or Monday.

Today I realized that your whole life can change in heart beat.

I am not spell checking or proof reading....sorry if it sucks