Sunday, September 19, 2004

I DID IT I DID IT OH YEAH YEAH YEAH

More soon.
For now.

Awesome FLAT (something I'm not used to) race.

2:24:?? was my time.

Had a great time and the 20 cheering team mates at the end helped with the finish line anxiety.

We started SLOW which was out goal. And Everyone took off ahead of us. But km7 though they started dropping like flies. By 12 we'd had a gel and lots of water. I was feeling great.
km 15 I had to sneaking suspicion that I might finish.

Km 19 the finish line anxiety was ON ME. I had to resort to counting to control my breathing.

km20, the rest of our team was SO loud that I couldn't help but smile and laugh.
We finished strong and had a little left for a kick to finish.

No tears but I did feel great.

I have to tell you that on January 1st I made a New Years resolution, one was to write more and the other was to do a half.

DONE!

:)