Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A Pep Talk

The following is an email from my coach (?) the woman that owns the running store we run with and leads all of our clinics etc.

Pam....freaking out is normal....but trust me, you will do fine. Just start out easy, see this as a great accomplishment in your life and feel good about it. YOu've done all the training, now allow yourself to accomplish what you've been training to do. As long as you start out easy, you will have no problem. I Promise. This is very exciting and i'm so proud of all of you. I'm so glad you're wearing the race t-shirt.....i'm very proud to have you as part of our racing team. It's going to be so much fun!!!!

Thought you might like that.
This is from a woman who has run MANY MANY marathons and participated in theCanadian Death Race last year, she did it in relay (she did the last leg) but she turns 50 in two years and is planning on doing the whole thing herself to celebrate it (yeah). She's also hoping to put together teams for the relay again (yeah I'm not biting).
Anyway...it was a lovely email and it made me feel a little better even though she might be totally blowing smoke up my ass.

:)