Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Hmm Who'd A Thunk It?

Soooo so so so so many people told me that training for my first half marathon was going to change running for me. I thought...OK, gotcha...whatever you say.

And I can't honestly say I believed them then...or now for that matter.

But something has definitely changed in running for me. Tonight again, I ran like I was as light as air. It was effortless, well that's not accurate either. There was effort but it was more easily found effort. Do you know what I mean?

I had the effort to give or something I don't know.

But I do know that this next half marathon is MUCH hillier than the first one I did. But these are hills I run every day, every week. And on a route I've run...100 billion times. I am interested in my time this time. We shall see what happens.

But I do know I am enjoying running so much more right now. COuld be the weather. COuld the weight. COuld be my body being used to more mileage. But I'm loving it. And I'm not going to question it and realize next week that I'm back to trudging through the hilliest town in Ontario with out a spring in my step. For now I'll just take what I can get.

Stupid blogger seems to be fixed.
BAH!
Thinking about a domain name registration and moving this blog.

Any name suggestions??

Pamalamadingdong.ca?
runningcommentary.ca?

We shall see.

OH! In other sad sad news, I've worn out my most favouritist running pants. They're these lovely blue capris by Brooks and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. And now they have a hole from my big fat sausage thighs rubbing together in a not at all sexy way! And with race registrations and the new $100 winter running top I want I CAN'T AFFORD A NEW PAIR!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Phooey!
Poverty sucks.